Saturday, April 5, 2008

New Projects

Here are a few new projects I've made recently....
A "Busy Bag"- my new name for the kidlet style bags I've been making. They follow the kidlet pattern, but I add a second handle (to make it a true tote) and add an inside pocket with tiny pockets for pencils to slip into. This one, all purple and girly, was for my niece's 5th birthday. I filled it with a few colored pencils (they have a different color on each end, so it was like giving her six colors!), a blank notepad, some stickers, a snow globe and a new book.
A second girly Busy Bag... I was so happy when I found this remnant of ballerina fabric in the sale bin at JoAnn's because I used the same material in my daughter's quilt and now I can make her a matching pillow or something!

This one is for my husband's friend's son Fritz. Working on a similar, yet different, bag for his brother.

Now this I LOVE! A Bend the Rules bib with a matching burp cloth. I just think it is pretty cute.

Here's a second bib/burp cloth set. Not as cute or funny as the other set, but o-well.
Hope your weekend is going well!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Okay, I am going to try to keep this as brief as possible, and all in one comment, so I am not overloading your blog.

First, I love all your tote bags - purported quirks and all. I have not attempted anything from BTR yet, I just take it down from the shelf and gaze lovingly at it once in a while...

Second, how cute is it that your Ethan likes gnomes? When my boy(s) are older, I want to make "gnome houses" like the adorable fairy houses on Angry Chicken a while ago.

Bunny candles - I hate typing lol, but I did just that when I read that post.

And finally, I don't know if you read my "introductory post" but your first post really struck a chord with me. For what it's worth, I think separate family/craft blogs are better, and I think none of your stuff is crap. :)

I would like to ask if it would be okay for me to link to you on my blog -- I always try to ask first and I do not expect reciprocation, I just don't want to freak people out by randomly putting up a link...

Um, okay. I usually don't leave huge comments like this, but I wanted to touch on several posts and say good luck to both of us with our new-ish craft blogs! Oh, and please open an Etsy shop and start selling some of those totes. I will be your first customer.

Amber