Thursday, February 7, 2008

Play Food!

I saw some fabric food on colorfool's blog and thought that is was just fantastic....and a perfect project to take care of some of the scraps I have laying around.

So I made breakfast...eggs, pancakes and bacon (using felt, some white material I used to make Alexandra's Halloween costume in 2006, some linen-like material and rick rack)...and lunch... a burger with everything, some fries and cookies for dessert. The "meat" is from a sweater that I used to love but stupidly shrunk. I made mittens out of it too. You'll recognize the lettuce from the Peter and Wolf grass. The pickle is leftover from a 50's style skirt I made for my niece that matches the one I made for Alex. The cookies are felt and some pink I used in Alex's quilt (and the patchwork bib). The fries are actually salt dough.

One of the little ones I baby sit for thought that the food was pretty cool. She wanted an apron so she could be a waitress. I scaled down the Bend the Rules vintage apron pattern and made a really big pocket to fit the order pad we had laying around.
She's all set to take your order!



No comments: