Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Quick Room Fix...

One of my resolutions this year is to finally finish up all those little nagging projects around the house. My husband replaced the shelf above my washing machine the other day- it had come crashing down recently spilling laundry detergent all over the place! I am in the process of painting my daughter's room, replacing the sky blue walls, a flower garden scene and clouded ceiling with plain green and pink walls. I love it though. It seems so clean in there now. I made her a quilt in those colors too- my first quilt ever! It came out ok. She likes it. Rookie mistake though..... it ended up with a straight pin sewn inside of it!!! Whoops!So, the other day I completed another little nagging home project. Look at this picture.... does anything seem weird?Look at the right finial on the curtain rod. Now take a closer look below....

It was missing, so after a futile search for a matching replacement, I made one out of pipe cleaner and black card stock. Pretty sneaky, huh?

No comments: